Skype for Android allows you to chat with friends, make free skype-to-skype voice and video calls and low chargeable mobile and landline calls.
You can try downloading Skype and see if the video call functionality is. If you check the Skype android app page, you can see which phones. Dec 06, 2012 After you download Skype 3.0 APK, it will allow you to install Skype for Android on Android devices and regions where it is not supported. Let’s look at what new features Skype 3.0 has to offer and download the APK file.
Latest version: 188.8.131.52
Total versions: 12
Submitted: 6 Nov 2010
Updated: 15 Oct 2014
Skype app for Android allows you:
- Free* Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls over 3G or WiFi and chat with one or many friends at the same time
- Low global rates to mobiles and landlines, at home or abroad
- Send pictures, videos and files to any of your contacts
- Talk face to face or show what you're seeing with front and rear-facing cameras
*Data plan or WiFi connection required (calling in U.S. - WiFi only).
Find Friend feature allows you to easily find your friends and add them to the contact list. You can sync your Skype contacts with Android contacts if you wish.
Some handsets may not be currently supported. To run Skype on a Samsung Galaxy S you need Android 2.2.
Note: Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and cannot be used for emergency calling. Also be aware that if you are roaming on international networks, this may result in additional charges to your phone bill.
Skype 184.108.40.206 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
- Skype_220.127.116.11.apk (12 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 18.104.22.168:
Released: December 13, 2011.
- Fix for start-up issues on Android 2.1
- Fix for occasional white screen
- Fix for video orientation on Galaxy Nexus
- Other bug fixes
Below are the earlier versions of Skype.
Description/changelog of Skype 22.214.171.124:
- Send photos, videos and files to friends
- Sign out and back in became simpler
- Skype_v126.96.36.199.apk (12 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 188.8.131.52:
Released August 4, 2011.
Video calling is now available on the following Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Droid Charge - Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC Desire (2.2), HTC Thunderbolt - Verizon, HTC Sensation, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire HD, HTC Flyer, LG Revolution - Verizon (2.2), Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY, Sony Ericsson Xperia ray, Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro, Acer A5.
- Skype_v184.108.40.206.apk (10 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 220.127.116.11:
Released Jul 3, 2011.
- Now available on additional Android handsets
- Added Support for video calling on Google Nexus S (Europe) and Google Nexus S 4G (US Sprint)
- Skype_18.104.22.168.apk (10 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 22.214.171.124:
Released Jun 30, 2011.
- skype_126.96.36.199_for_android.apk (10 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 188.8.131.52:
- New user experience
- Two way video calling for selected handsets: Google Nexus S, HTC Desire S, Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo, Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro
- Support for SMS
- Skype_184.108.40.206.apk (10 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 220.127.116.114:
Released April 20, 2011.
- This version 'should' remove the vulnerabilities recently publicised.
- 18.104.22.1684.apk (8 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 22.214.171.1243:
Released Apr 20, 2011.
The privacy vulnerability issues were fixed. For safely purpose, your are advise to update your previous version of Skype to the version 126.96.36.1993.
- com.skyp.rder188.8.131.523.apk (8 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 184.108.40.2061:
Released January 26, 2011.
This is maintenance release of 1.0.3, build 220.127.116.111.
- Improved switching call to speaker-phone and back
- Improved loading speed of native address book display
- Fixed: Skype crashed when getting an incoming Skype call while having other VOIP call active
- Fixed: Echo was heard with delay after muting microphone
- Fixed: Android users were shown to be in GMT+0 timezone for users on desktops
- Fixed: It was not possible to save birthday in Skype trough keyboard
- Skype_18.104.22.1681.apk (8 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 22.214.171.1249:
Released Dec 14, 2010.
- Support for installing the app to a memory card (this requires Android 2.2).
- Skype_126.96.36.1999.apk (8 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 188.8.131.524:
Released Nov 9, 2010.
- Skype_184.108.40.2064.apk (8 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Skype 220.127.116.118:
[no description available for this version]
- Skype_18.104.22.1688.apk (9 MB, ↓ 0)