To configure McAfee not to scan files opened for backup: Click Start, Programs, McAfee, VirusScan Console. Double-click On-Access Scanner. Select Default Processes. In the Scan Items tab, under Scan files, deselect Opened for backup. Repeat this for Low-Risk Processes and High-Risk Processes. Simply deploy and enable the McAfee agent to the endpoint through the McAfee ePO console. Visit the McAfee Expert Center to access deployment and user guides. Related Products. McAfee Complete Data Protection. Enable data protection with drive, file, folder, removable media encryption, and data protection for cloud storage. This suite includes.
Need a simple way to find specific files from your Windows image backups? Don’t know how to extract individual files or folder from Windows 10/8/7 backups? Don’t worry. You can follow this article to restore single file or folder from Windows backup with Windows Backup and Recovery tool or file recovery software with simple clicks on your own.
'Hi guys, do you know how can I recover or extract single specific files from Windows image backups?
I'm having this issue that I lost very important document file in my PC and I've tried many ways to restore it. But the problem is that I've saved new files to the storage devices where I lost the file. Yes, the document has been overwritten.
I remembered that I've created a Windows backup in my PC before losing the document. So I want to know if I can recover or extract a specific file from Windows backup? And how?'
As we all know that Windows Backup and Recovery tool can help us create a system image with simple clicks. And important files, folders, and even whole partition data can also be backed up as images by using Windows Backup and Recovery tool. So can we extract or restore specific or individual files from Windows backup? Sure! Here below, you'll find two effective methods to extract individual files from Windows image backup and you may just follow to restore wanted files from your Windows 10/8/7 backups now:
Method 1. Restore specific files from Windows 10/8/7 backup
Here in this method, we'd love to recommend you try powerful file recovery software from EaseUS which allows you to effectively find and restore specific files from Windows 10/8/7 backups within 3 simple steps:
Before you start finding specific files from Windows PC with EaseUS file recovery software, you have one more thing to be done - to mount Windows backup image:
For Windows10/8/8.1 users:
1. Type: Computer Management in the search box and hit Enter.
2. Go to 'Actions' > Select Attach VHD.
3. Click 'Browse' to navigate your Windows Backup files > Select the drive you want to attach and click Open.
4. Windows will attach the Virtual Hard Drive VHSDX file as a new drive with a light blue icon.
If there is no drive letter attached to this drive, assign it with a new letter so to make it accessible by right-clicking the virtual drive partition and select 'Change Drive Letter and Path..'
5. Now you can access the virtual drive and find wanted files from it.
For Windows 7 users:
1. Open Disk Management > Click Action > Select Attach VHD.
2. Click Browse > Locate the Windows image backup files with the .vhd file extension.
3. The mounted VHD Windows image will appear as a new drive in your PC, select Open folder to view files when AutoPlay appears.
4. You can browse to find specific files from the Windows backup image by then.
If you don't want to search and find files one by one to find the specific files among a huge number of Windows backup files, your best shot is to let EaseUS file recovery software help. It will scan and find your target files within 3 simple clicks:
If the files are less than 2GB, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition will do the job.
Step 1. Choose the file location to scan.
Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your computer. Choose the drive where you lost files and click 'Scan'. If you lost files were on an external storage device, connect it to your computer firstly.
Step 2. Scan the lost files.
The software will start immediately a quick scan for deleted files, and later a deep scan will launch to scan more lost files all over the selected drive. After the scan, you can use the Filter to quickly filter a specific file type.
Step 3. Preview and restore files.
Digimon adventure 02 tag tamers english patch 2. Double-click on a file allows for a full preview. Finally, select the desired files, click 'Recover' and browse a location to save all the files at once.
After this, you can directly use the restored files from Windows backup images without any problems.
Note: Do remember to unmount the Windows image backups by right-clicking the virtual drive and select Detach VHD in Disk Management.
Method 2. Extract individual files from Windows backup
For Windows 10/8/8.1 users:
1. Click Start > Settings > Update & security.
2. Click Backup > More options > Scroll down the page and click 'Restore files from a current backup'.
3. Browse through different versions of backups and search by name to find the files or folder you are looking for;
4. Select the specific files you want to restore and tap or click Restore to restore the file to its original location.
For Windows 7 users:
1. Click Start > Type: backup and select Backup and Restore.
2. Click 'Restore My Files' > Locate and find the individual files or folders you want to restore and click Next.
3. Select the location where you want to restore the target files to;
4. Choose what to do with any pre-existing copy of files: Copy and Replace, Don't Copy or Copy, but keep both files;
5. View restored files and click Finish to close the dialog box.
Antivirus software is essential for any computer. This type of software will protect your computer from viruses that can harm it and will keep software from being installed without your permission and stealing your personal information. McAfee VirusScan is one of the most popular brands of antivirus software. If you use the McAfee Antivirus program on your computer, you may at some point need to recover files that were inadvertently deleted by McAfee.
Download and install a data recovery software package such as “DERescue Data Recovery Master.” Unless McAfee is aware their program often deletes these files accidently, there are no other built-in mechanisms for recovering lost data using McAfee. Restart your computer after installing the data recovery program.
Double-click the 'DERescue' program icon located on your computer's desktop. Choose the 'Deleted Recover' menu option when asked what kind of 'recovery operation' that you would like to perform.
Choose the hard drive of your computer from the list of drives that are displayed. Next, click the “OK” button.
Search through the folders in the “Folder” window until you locate the folder that contains your deleted files. This folder will be labeled similar to “Scanned Deleted Files.” Select this folder.
Within the “FileList View” window, select the files McAfee deleted that you want to recover. Choose these files and click “OK.” You have now recovered the files that McAfee deleted.