Sports performance training is targeted, often sport-specific fitness training that aims to improve functional movement, decrease risk of injury, and build strength and power. At Children’s Sports Performance, our sports performance specialists create evidence-based, customized sports performance programs for growing athletes. Our holistic approach to sports performance training is guided by EXOS’ four pillars of human performance:
VSS can provide custom training consisting of firearms and tactical training courses intermixed with various services provided by EXOS. This is an excellent. EXOS Training System – 30,000 foot view of the EXOS Training System to get us speaking the same language & seeing the tools & methods used 365 days/year for Avg Joes & Pros. Lifting Assessment & Assistance Moves – w/ Brian Carroll; Evaluating the Big 3 lifts (Squat, Deadlift & Bench) and identifying “sticking” points & efficient regressions.
- Mindset: Achieving a state of mind that allows you to perform at your best
- Nutrition: Learning how to fuel your body and brain for maximum performance
- Movement: Improving performance by moving your body more efficiently
- Recovery: Allowing the body and mind to repair, recharge and upgrade during rest
Athletes are grouped with age, level, sports and goals in mind. We help:
- Older elementary and middle school athletes (8 to 14 years old) focus on establishing a foundation of skills and efficient, healthy sports movements. Each class includes a dynamic warmup, body weight strength training fundamentals, and a competitive, fun circuit, as well as mobility and recovery techniques. This class will teach young athletes how to perform common and fundamental athletic movements with proper technique to reduce the risk of injury. It will also help to develop proper mechanics, balance, flexibility and strength.
- High school athletes work to improve performance as they strive to compete at a higher level. Each class includes a dynamic warmup, movement skills, explosive power training and strength training, as well as mobility and recovery techniques. The goal is to achieve increased levels of movement efficiency, strength, power and endurance while decreasing injury potential.
Our programs for youth and high school athletes consist of 60-minute sports performance training sessions offered six days a week and include:
- Pre- and post-performance evaluation
- Functional movement screen
- EXOS Performance Quotient four-pillar evaluation
- Courses on sports performance nutrition
- Take-home materials
Small-group training sessions
Athletes train with EXOS sports performance specialists in a small-group setting, incorporating all the components of fitness. Our coaches help customize workouts based on each athlete’s sport and ability.
Team training sessions
Our sports performance specialists can also help train school and club teams at your facility or ours. If you are interested in a team sports training program, email [email protected] to learn more.
The EXOS Performance Specialist Certification is based on sound scientific evidence and over 15 years of practical experience working with all levels of athletes, tactical operators, and Fortune 500 employees. With over 10 years of experience supporting coaches, trainers, and therapists, the EXOS training system has become a proven resource for those in the field of human performance.
The EXOS Performance Specialist Certification is based on the EXOS Training System which emphasizes the seamless integration of Mindset, Nutrition, Movement, and Recovery. This holistic approach assures that the athlete, client, or patient is empowered with individualized strategies on and off the training floor. Through a 8-component training system and a 4-component testing model, the EXOS Performance Specialist Certification brings to life a training system that can fit any population and environment.
The EXOS Performance Specialist Certification curriculum contains 22 presentations categorized into 19 different courses. Each presentation emphasizes a theoretical framework, a program design framework, and best practices around coaching. Within the 19 courses there are 14 practical sessions that cover over 215 movements. Each practical is filmed from a coach’s perspective and emphasizes instruction, demonstration, error identification, error correction, and specific cueing.
The curriculum has been designed to optimize learning and application of the information. All course videos have been chaptered with great detail to allow for easy navigation. Once all of the courses within the curriculum have been completed, then the certification exam will be made available. The certification exam contains 150 multiple choice questions based on the 22 presentations contained within the curriculum. Two opportunities to pass the exam with a passing grade being based on an 80% or better are included in your purchase.
Upon successful completion of the exam you will be an EXOS-Certified Performance Specialist. We look forward to having you join our team and our mission to upgrade lives.