- XenServer 7.0
- XenServer 7.1
GRUB can only be installed in this setup by using blocklists. However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged grub2-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists. I need to put the option -force to permit to install it. This works partially, I can now boot but there is directly the EFI/Grub shell prompt. Aug 21, 2015 GRUB can only be installed in this setup by using blocklists. However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged. Grub2-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists.
Symptoms or Error
1. Eject the slave server out (make sure that there is no data on Local SR)
2. Check 'fdisk -l /dev/sda' on slave host,There would be /dev/sda1 listed as 'Dell Utility'
3. Delete the sda1 partition on slave using below commands,
-> fdisk /dev/sda
-> Enter 'd'
-> Select partition number as1
-> Enter 'w'
-> Enter 'q'
4. Perform clean installation of XS 6.5
5. Test by upgrading to 7.0 - if successful
6. Downgrade the server back to 6.5.
7. In order to add it back to the pool apply hotfixes upto same level as of the master host.
8. Add server back to the pool
9. Make it master.
10.Repeat the same steps with other host (from step 1 to 8)
11. Upgrade the pool to 7.0 now.
thanks a lot for quick answer
I have not posted anything else because of the following reason:
1) as I said this is virtual machine, so I cannot simply COPY& PASTE text. Therefore I provided a link to the screenshot
2) actually what I posted is the only ERROR I saw. The rest were WARNINGS. Here I provide more details:
I hope I copied it 1:1 (thats a challenge while manual copy is done)
what I did now is : I started again from scratch, but this time I used fdisk instead of gdisk.
I did basically what is described here
It worked wonderful. I was able install GRUB without issues, but that's all I could accomplish so far :-(
Now - when I select entry in GRUB system does not start saying 'no such device' followed by UUID
Changing entry (command 'e' in GRUB) from UUID to something like /dev/sda1 does not help.
My steps in installation process were quite simple:
1) define partitions
2) pacstrap /mnt base
3) genfstab -p /mnt >> /mnt/etc/fstab
later CHROOT and installation of GRUB Dvb t linux mint.
have I missed something?
Why GRUB does not recognize hard disk device?