The Nokia N97 has seen a fair number of firmware updates since its introduction in June, and today sees the release of yet another. This addresses some lingering bugs from the major v20 firmware, and continues tweaks in memory and application performance. While not an extensive list, it does address. Feb 15, 2014 All nokia flash files direct download links available here.for all models HowardForums is a discussion board dedicated to mobile phones with over 1,000,000 members and growing! For your convenience HowardForums is divided into 7 main sections; marketplace, phone manufacturers, carriers, smartphones/PDAs, general phone discussion, buy sell.
Remove the lock code by flashing the device in NOKIA N97 mini
If you have forgotten the security password (also known as a lock code) for your NOKIA N97 mini and there is no other way to perform the hard reset you should try uploading a new firmware by performing the flash operation on your cell phone. That way you will restore the default password but also lose all data on your device and bring all settings to the factory state.
In the following tutorial, we present step by step on how to perform such an operation. Please be aware of the consequences and risks that may result from this process.
To accomplish successfully the whole operation you should perform the followings steps:
- Download Nokia’s firmware
How to install the Nokia Care Suite.
- First of all, download the Nokia Care Suite on your PC. You can find it here: Nokia_Care_Suite
- Afterwards, extract the package with the application.
- Open the Nokia Care Suite folder and click on the installer application. In my case, this file is named Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0 2013.13.4.4.
- Follow the standard installation process by selecting Next and accepting the terms in the license agreement.
- Make sure that you chose the Complete setup type.
- Start the building in a process by selecting Install option.
- As soon as the information about successfully completed installation appears on the screen choose Finish.
- Afterwards, copy from Nokia Care Suite directory and replace the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg file to: C:Program Files (x86)NokiaNokia Care SuiteProduct Support Tool For Store 5.0 if you’re running a 64-bit version of Windows C:Program FilesNokiaNokia Care SuiteProduct Support Tool For Store 5.0 if you’re running a 32-bit version of Windows.
- Excellent! The Nokia Suite has just been installed.
How to read the product code
- In the first step connect your phone to the PC. Make sure that the device is turned on and choose PC Suite or Ovi Suite.
- Then open the Nokia BEST application and wait until your phone is properly detected.
- In the top menu open the Service Tool section.
- Finally, choose the Read Info operation and find the information about the Product Code on the black screen.
- First of all, remove the back cover and the battery.
- Afterwards, find the information about the device’s Product Code which should figure as a Code: XXXXXXX
If you need to download a different firmware version for the NOKIA N97 mini, you should look for the appropriate code in the section Product Codes. You can choose here the firmware that suits to your needs the best by choosing, for example cellular network, country or navigation options.
How to download Nokia’s firmware
All needed firmware can download from
How to flash your device
- Start by downloading the Nokia BEST application on your PC. You may find it here: Nokia_ BEST_simlock_pl.exe
- In the next step extract the package with the application.
- Turn on your device and connect it to your PC using the Micro USB cable. When your computer detects the new device, select the PC Suite or OVI Suite on your phone.
- Afterwards, open the Nokia BEST folder and double click on the Start BEST icon.
- Then from the top menu open Settings section, choose DataPackage path and check the address to folder which should contain the firmware files.
- Open the folder from the checked path and in that place paste the folder with the phone’s software. The folder should be named by RM-XXX.
- Next, in the Nokia BEST interface go to Flashing menu and make sure that the files load automatically to the empty brackets.
- Make sure that you have selected the following options Use INI, Backup, Chk/Read, Set Normal and FactorySet.
- In order to start the whole operation click on the Flash icon.
- Well done! After a while, the flash should be completed. Your phone will erase all data and settings and your lock code will come back to standard one.
What can go wrong
- If the Nokia BEST does not automatically load the firmware files in the empty brackets you can do two things:
- Reload the path to the folder with phone’s firmware by selecting Settings, choosing a DataPackage path and tapping Change active dir. When the window with available options appears to choose the same path as it was before.
- In Flashing section choose a manual option for a few seconds.
- Afterwards go back to Use INI option and the files should load in the empty brackets.
- If the Nokia BEST disconnects your device while flashing the device and you are asked to connect the phone, on the selected interface do the following sequence:
- Replace the battery from your phone for a moment.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Turn on the phone by holding the power button.
- Connect your phone to the computer and choose PC Suite or Ovi Suite.
- Click on the Flash icon and the operation will be continuing
- If your phone while flashing switches on and does not want to turn back on, do the following steps:
- Disconnect and connect your phone to the computer into PC Suite or Ovi Suite.
- In the flashing section choose Dead Mode and click on FLASH.
- If the Nokia BEST asks you to press the power button on your phone, do it immediately.
Check other NOKIA device solutions:
The N97 mini also receives a number of other changes, including updates to the Mail application and other built in applications, and performance and stability improvements. Applications now open more quickly and the UI is smoother when browsing through long lists (e.g. in Photos, Mail and Music player).
Some of these updates have been previously been made available via separate download or via the Sw Update application. If you have not previously done so there are a number of updates available via the Sw update application that are also worth installing (e.g. Internet radio 2.2). The Sw update application can also be used to start the firmware OTA update process (Phone software - around 17 MB in size).
The most important update is the new version of the Web application, which significantly improves the web browsing experience. We described the browser update in our original post here:
S60 5th Edition devices receive an update to version 22.214.171.124 of the Web application. This is the same version that ships with Symbian Anna and includes updates to both the rendering engine (WebKit) and the UI of the the application.
The new UI is more intuitive and is less clunky that the previous version. An address / search bar sits at the top of every page, but is also available, at any time, by tapping or swiping down from the top of the screen. At the bottom of the screen, two floating buttons, on either side of the screen, give access to navigation ('back') and additional browser functions. One notable new feature is the ability to open a new browser window on demand, effectively giving multi-tab-like support to the browser.
The new version of the WebKit engine is used by WRT applications; this gives a noticeable speed improvement to applications such as the Facebook client. The Facebook client now offers similar performance to Nokia Social on the Symbian^3 devices.
Nokia N97 mini version 30.0.004 change log
- Web application updated to 7.3 with new UI and updated WebKit engine
- Updated Ovi Maps 3 to Service Release 6 (also known as 3.06 / 3.6)
- Emoticon support in Messaging for SMS and MMS
- Smart dialler added to homescreen
- Updated version of Nokia Messaging with improved HTML support
- Ovi Contacts removed, intended replacement is Nokia IM
- General performance and stability improvements