Mac OS X Yosemite (version 10.10) is the eighth major release of Mac OS X (now named macOS), Apple's desktop and server operating system for Macintosh computers. OS X Yosemite Requirements MacBook Air (late 2008 or later) MacBook (late 2008 aluminum or later) MacBook Pro (mid-2007 or later) iMac (mid-2007 or later).
- Improves compatibility with certain email servers when using Mail
- Fixes an issue in Photos that prevented importing videos from GoPro cameras
- Fixes an issue in QuickTime Player that prevented playback of Windows Media files
With Photos you can:
- Browse your photos by time and location in Moments, Collections, and Years views
- Navigate your library using convenient Photos, Shared, Albums, and Projects tabs
- Store all of your photos and videos in iCloud Photo Library in their original format and in full resolution
- Access your photos and videos stored in iCloud Photo Library from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iCloud.com with any web browser
- Perfect your photos with powerful and easy-to-use editing tools that optimize with a single click or slider, or allow precise adjustments with detailed controls
- Create professional-quality photo books with simplified bookmaking tools, new Apple-designed themes, and new square book formats
- Purchase prints in new square and panoramic sizes
It’s easy to upgrade your iPhoto library to Photos - just launch the app to get started. To learn more about Photos, please visit: http://www.apple.com/osx/photos/
This update also includes the following improvements:
- Adds over 300 new Emoji characters
- Adds Spotlight suggestions to Look up
- Prevents Safari from saving website favicon URLs used in Private Browsing
- Improves stability and security in Safari
- Improves WiFi performance and connectivity in various usage scenarios
- Improves compatibility with captive Wi-Fi network environments
- Fixes an issue that may cause Bluetooth devices to disconnect
- Improves screen sharing reliability
Redesigned interface. Completely new. Completely Mac.
With OS X Yosemite, we set out to elevate the experience of using a Mac. To do that, we looked at the entire system and refined it app by app. Feature by feature. Pixel by pixel. And we built great new capabilities into the interface that put need-to-know information at your fingertips. The result is that your Mac has a fresh new look, with all the power and simplicity you know and love.
Mac and iOS are connected like never before.
Use a Mac or an iOS device, and you can do incredible things. Use them together, and you can do so much more. Because now OS X and iOS 8 enable brilliant new features that feel magical and yet make perfect sense. Make and receive phone calls without picking up your iPhone. Start an email, edit a document, or surf the web on one device and pick up where you left off on another. Even activate your iPhone hotspot without ever taking your iPhone from your pocket or bag.
Do everyday things in extraordinary ways.
One of the best things about a Mac is that it comes loaded with state-of-the-art, beautifully designed apps you’ll love to use every day. In OS X Yosemite, those apps give you new ways to do some of the things you do most. The apps you use to surf the web, read your mail, send messages, and organize your files and content have a simpler, more elegant look, and we’ve enhanced them with powerful new features.
Popular apps in Operating Systems
Mac OS X Yosemite is an Apple Operating System with many enhancements and an eye-catching design. This free download is the standalone DMG disk image of OSx Yosemite.
Mac OS X Yosemite Overview
Mac OSX Yosemite is the eleventh release from Apple which has every feature you can think about. A very friendly interface is provided to provide a much better user experience. You will find everything at a glimpse of an eye. It consumes the resources very efficiently and never stuck at any point. It is a very lightweight operating system. This operating system focusses on simplicity and delivers ultimate performance level. It can synchronize all your Apple devices so that each and every device provides the best performance when working parallel. Icons and buttons are redesigned as well. The Dock is also enhanced with more features as compared to the previous versions. Quickly launch your applications from the dock and get everything with a single mouse event.
The consistent look and feel do not require any experience for getting hands on this operating system. All the basic features are completely customizable. Voice-over is also supported for the iBooks and other text documents for better reading, it can dictate more than 40 languages. Safari browser has also many enhancements for better internet browsing.
Features of Mac OS X Yosemite
Some of the features of Mac OS X Yosemite are:
- Lightweight environment
- Improved user interface
- Enhanced fonts and buttons
- Improvements in the dock
- Improvements in Safari Browser
- More reliable and secure
- More than 40 dictation languages
- Transparency modifications and much more
System Requirements for Mac OS X Yosemite
Before you download Yosemite, make sure that your system meets the given requirements
- Free Hard Disk Space: 10 GB of minimum free space required
- Installed Memory: 2 GB of minimum RAM required
- Processor: Single Core Processor or higher
Mac OS X Yosemite Free Download
Click on the below link to download the standalone setup of Mac OS X Yosemite for x86 and x64 architecture. It is the eleventh and the most powerful release from Apple.