Besides the initial classroom training and informal learning means that employees have gotten used to in recent years (e.g. online videos, webinars, e-learning tools), there are also some performance support applications which can successfully assist the employee in doing his/her job in the moment of need.
Aug 27, 2016 CBD IT Solution Pvt. Ltd is a 5. Tally partner which was established in 2000 and is in the business of Accounting software. We are associated with products like Tally.ERP9, Marg ERP9+, EPPS, Deskera, Spine, CRM & Telephony. Which has given us more hands to help our clients manage their business operations in a more systematic manner which will help for their future growth. Website: Industries: Computer Software. Company size: 51-200 employees. Headquarters: Pune, Maharashtra. Type: Privately Held.
By using these tools, the worker doesn’t have to leave his/her desk anymore, since all the aid is integrated within the software or website he/she is using. This way, the need for helpdesk assistance is eliminated too, since the software guides employees by itself, thus empowering them to complete any task, no matter how complex. These tools strengthen employee performance and efficiency, and reduce both training costs and time spent waiting for assistance.
Here are the top 5 performance support tools which can boost employee productivity and free him/her from the need of human help:
WalkMe enables managers to overlay detailed step-by-step instructions on their website or enterprise software to enable their employees to rapidly and simply perform unfamiliar online actions. This is done with the aid of a series of real-time tip balloons, which provide useful explanations for the employee, and clear call-to-actions about what the next step entails. It helps to accelerate employee time to proficiency, whether it’s a new employee entering a company, or veteran workers orienting themselves to a new software or website.
Ontuitive is a tool which enables executives to give employees the freedom of learning at their own pace. Benefiting from a more powerful and friendly experience, employees can get to learn the means of new or updated enterprise software through an embedded mark, which shows them what needs to be done next. Most notably, Ontuitive is available on both mobile and web browsers and can successfully contribute to a higher engagement rate on the employees’ side.
3. Kryon Systems
Kryon Systems have developed a platform known as Leo, which enables employees to benefit from real-time help while at their desks, thus removing the need for separate assistance. At the same time, the platform can speed up the learning of new software with the help of live wizards, and thus avoid the related loss of productivity. Another benefit would be that it minimizes user frustration, all while decreasing the helpdesk overloads. All these are possible through the simple implementation of wizards into the company’s software, thus enhancing performance support.
Coachware is like an employee’s own virtual assistant, guiding them in performing complex tasks and learning how to best use the software at their office. Coachware requires no plugins or additional installs, since it’s a native web application. It manages to convey the existing architecture and teach employees to complete processes they wouldn’t be capable of by themselves, thus eliminating the need for helpdesk assistance. According to the stats on their web site, the training time is shortened by 70% when their application is used.
Last but not least, Kineo manages to create a more meaningful user experience through the aid of mobile and on demand learning tools. Popular companies such as McDonald’s and HP have successfully used Kineo for reducing their employees’ learning time and teaching them how to handle different tasks more easily. The software provider can also assure custom e-learning development and support for a certain program, in order to improve the results even further. In addition, workplace communications can be facilitated with the aid of software offered by the provider.
These are the 5 best performance support tools which can truly make a difference when it comes to the employees’ learning times and creativity levels. Not all companies can be happy with a certain solution, so it’s important to ensure that the software you choose can truly make a difference on the long run. One way to do this is by requesting a Live Demo, which is offered by most distributors above.
Looking for Training software? Check out Capterra's list of the best Training software solutions.
An electronic performance support system (EPSS) is any computer software program or component that improves user performance.
EPSSs can help an organization to reduce the cost of training staff while increasing productivity and performance. They can empower employees to perform tasks with a minimum amount of external intervention or training. By using this type of system an employee, especially a new employee, will often not only be able to complete his or her work more quickly and accurately, but, as a secondary benefit, will also learn more about the job and the employer's business.
An EPSS is best considered when
- workers require knowledge to achieve individual performance in a business environment
- skilled performers are spending a lot of time helping less skilled performers
- new workers must begin to perform immediately and training is impractical, unavailable or constrained
- employees need to be guided through a complex process or task that cannot be memorized.
These situations often occur when new systems (e.g. customer relationship management, enterprise resource planning) are introduced, upgraded or consolidated, and in certain call centres when agents must perform using complex systems, processes or products.
There are different views about the components and characteristics of EPSS. For example, from Barker and Banerji’s (1995) point of view, an EPSS has four functional levels, which should be brought together:
Easyworship 126.96.36.199 Crack With Key 2019 Full Version Free Download EasyWorship Crack – is a simple, media-rich presentation in minutes with EasyWorship 7. This is an extraordinary introduction to the designer. You can change the presentation text style and point without trouble. EasyWorship Crack Full Incl Serial Keygen At the heart of the Presentation Designer is a robust new Inspector panel. Get started with basic text editing and spell check, or get creative with advanced features like custom reflections for graphic elements as well as added controls for text outline, shadows, borders, and bullets. Easyworship 188.8.131.52 Crack With Key 2019 Full Version Free Download Easyworship Crack Free Key EasyWorship Crack – is a simple, media-rich presentation in minutes with EasyWorship 7. This is an extraordinary introduction to the designer. EasyWorship 7 License Key With Full Crack 2020. Furthermore, The software comes with advanced tools that include lyrics, funny videos as well as well as the bible translations. Another option you get is the customization of the slides. Use various themes, presentation designs and colors to make it appealing. Easyworship 7 crack kickass.
- the user interface shell (the human computer interface) and the database
- generic tools (help system, documentation, text retrieval system, intelligent agents, tutoring facility, simulation tools and communication resources)
- application-specific support tools
- a target application domain (schools, particular business settings, military, etc.).
- Reducing the complexity or number of steps required to perform a task
- Providing the performance information an employee needs to perform a task
- Providing a decision support system that enables an employee to identify the action that is appropriate for a particular set of conditions
In Electronic Performance Support Systems, Gloria Gery defined EPSS as:
an integrated electronic environment that is available to and easily
accessible by each employee and is structured to provide immediate, individualized
on-line access to the full range of information, software, guidance, advice and
assistance, data, images, tools, and assessment and monitoring systems to permit
job performance with minimal support and intervention by others.
Also, in 1991, Barry Raybould gave a shorter definition:
a computer-based system that improves worker productivity by providing on-the-job access to integrated information, advice, and learning experiences.
From a business perspective, a former Nortel Networks executive, William Bezanson (2002) provided a definition linked to application usability and organizational results:
A performance support system provides just-in-time, just enough training, information, tools, and help for users of a product or work environment, to enable optimum performance by those users when and where needed, thereby also enhancing the performance of the overall business.
EPSS versus online help
An EPSS must be distinguished from a traditional online help system. Online help usually supports a single software application and is not necessarily focused on the entire range of job tasks (which may involve multiple applications), but just that specific software. With online help, cross-referencing is often not available and the information provided is limited and rarely combined with procedures or complex tasks. Perhaps most critically, on-line help cannot be customized to the user or the job task; in fact, the same software screen may require different inputs depending on the user and job task. Online help is also not contextual to the user's current situation and requires users to search through for the solution to their problem.
EPSS versus e-learning simulations
EPSS must also be differentiated from e-learningsimulations that replay a series of steps on-demand within a software application. Simulations are more closely associated with on-demand training, not just-in-time support, because of the longer time considerations, complexity, and media restrictions for playing a simulation. An EPSS can be considered a part of the e-learning category, as it is on-demand learning, and notes that the EPSS modality fits more within the informal learning definition.
EPSS versus knowledge management
In his book, Bezanson points out that 'knowledge management' is the noun corresponding to the verb of 'performance support'. The knowledge documented in the system plays a critical role in any EPSS system. This concept was originated by Raybould (1997) who separates out the repository, delivery and infrastructure aspects of the EPSS from the knowledge base it contains. In fact, Bezanson emphasizes the advantage that an LMS (learning management system) will interface with the EPSS to supply the knowledge base, content-courseware, or other tracking capabilities that an EPSS may require if the LMS precedes the implementation of the EPSS.
EPSS versus training
EPSS's role in the future of training and work have been noted by followers of the trend towards more informal learning systems driven by knowledge management systems.Tony O'Driscoll (1999) summarizes:
As the pace of technological change speeds up, many jobs will require constant adaptation, because of new information and new task requirements. In this context, the distinction between learning and work will disappear. A trend toward integrating training with on-the-job activities will be a result. This trend will extend itself to the point that training, as a distinct function, will no longer be the primary learning vehicle for many types of jobs. Works will use on-the-job information systems instead.
To this day, analysts such as Forrester's Claire Schooley and Bersin & Associates' Chris Howard write similarly themed articles based on their research in informal learning, technology and training.
- ^Philip Barker and Ashok Banerji (1995). 'DESIGNING ELECTRONIC PERFORMANCE SUPPORT SYSTEMS'. Innovations in Education and Training International, Special Edition on Electronic Performance Support Systems. 32 (1): 4–12.
- ^Gloria Gery (1991). Electronic Performance Support Systems. ISBN978-0-9617968-1-5.
- ^An EPSS Case Study: Prime Computer, Barry Raybould. 1991, Ariel PSS Corporation.
- ^ abPerformance Support Solutions: Achieving Goals Through Enabling User Performance. William Bezanson, 2002, Trafford Publishing
- ^The Five Phases of Migration from Training to Knowledge Management, Barry Raybould, CBT Solutions July/August 1997
- A Modular Approach To Electronic Performance Support, Barry Raybould, Data Training, Mar./Apr. 1992, pp. 24, 38.
- Performance Support Engineering: An Emerging Development Methodology for Enabling Organizational Learning, Barry Raybould. Performance Improvement Quarterly, 8(1) pp. 7-22. 1995 International Society for Performance Improvement. https://web.archive.org/web/20110721200313/http://files.epsscentral.info/pijournals/piq1995/Raybould.pdf
- Making EPSS work for your organization (Info-line), Barry Raybould, American Society for Training & Development, 1988.
- Performance Support Engineering Part One : Key Concepts, Barry Raybould, Oct. 1, 2000. ISBN0-9705022-0-6.
- Achieving Desired Business Performance: A framework for Developing Human Performance Technology in Organizations, Tony O’Discroll, 1999 International Society for Performance Improvement
- Alternative Training: EPSS, Ted Gannan, January 2007, Training Magazine (comment by a reader I could only get a hold of an article called 'Alternative Training' by Ted Gannan, published in Training, Jan/Feb 2007, p. 13)
- Designing and Developing Electronic Performance Support Systems, Lesley A. Brown, 1996, Digital Press
- Designing EPSS for the Marine Industry [PDF]. Ashok Banerji and Rajan Bhandari. International Conference on Computers in Education, December 2–6, 1997, Kuching, Sarawak, Malayasia. https://web.archive.org/web/20110716214808/http://www.sp.edu.sg/resources/images/schools/sma/papers/epss.pdf
- Electronic Performance Support, e-learning and Knowledge Management, Ashok Banerji & Glenda Scales, Chapter in Encyclopedia of Distance Learning, Vol i-iv, edited by Caroline Howard et al., Idea Group Reference, pp. 801–806, (2005).
- Electronic Performance Support Systems - Using Digital Technology to Enhance Human Ability, Edited by Philip Barker and Paul van Schaik, Teesside University, UK, Gower Publishing UK, ISBN978-0-566-08884-1, (2010). http://www.gowerpublishing.com/isbn/9780566088841
- EPSS Revisited: A Lifecycle for Developing Performance-Centered Systems, ed. Gary Dickelman, 2003. ISBN978-1-890289-15-7
- Philip Barker; Stephen Richards; Ashok Banerji (1994). 'Intelligent approaches to performance support'(PDF). ALT-J. 2 (1).
- INTERACTIVE MULTIMEDIA FOR LEARNING AND PERFORMING, Ashok Banerji & Glenda Scales, Chapter 3 in book Interactive Multimedia in Education and Training edited by Sanjaya Mishra and Ramesh C. Sharma, published by Idea Group, Inc., USA, pp 47–59, (2004).
- Multimedia Technologies, Ashok Banerji & Ananda Ghosh, McGraw Hill Education, ISBN978-0-07-066923-9; (2010). http://www.mhhe.com/banerji/fmt
- The Real-Time Contact Center: Strategies, Tactics, and Technologies for Building a Profitable Service and Sales Organization, Donna Fluss, 2005, Amacon
- PERFORMANCE SUPPORT FOR THE NEXT MILLENIUM: A model for rapidly changing technologies in a global economy; Gary Dickelman and Ashok Banerji, Proceedings of the HCI International '99 (the 8th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction) on Human-Computer Interaction: Communication, Cooperation, and Application Design, Munich, HCI (2) 1999:, pp187 – 191. (https://web.archive.org/web/20050302154228/http://www.sigmod.org/sigmod/dblp/db/conf/hci/hci1999-2.html#DickelmanB99). PPT: https://web.archive.org/web/20061016155136/http://www.pcd-innovations.com/downloads/PS_for_next_mil.ppt
- PERFORMANCE SUPPORT IN PERSPECTIVE; Ashok Banerji, Performance Improvement Quarterly, Volume 38(7), August,1999. (https://www.academia.edu/254129/Performance_Support_In_Perspective)